Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Monday 3 January 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year to all of my lovely followers.  It was a very quiet New Year's Eve for me.  I was going to go to my brother's house but unfortunately one of my niece's was ill and vomiting the whole day so the evening was cancelled.  I spent the time making and stuffing a sock monkey!!!!  Exciting life I lead!!!

Here is the finished Sock Monkey - he was completed on New Year's Day so is my first make of the year.



Hope you all enjoyed your New Year's celebrations.  It was lovely to see the sky full of Chinese lanterns that people had lit and let go.  There were lots of them floating around and it was quite magical.


This year, one of the things I want to do is learn to drive.  I took lessons many years ago when I was 17 and failed my test.  I got quite upset and decided that was it and didn't ever take another lesson again.  I really regret that now as there are lots of things I would do if I could drive. 

The other thing I want to do is reconnect with friends as in the last few years I have lost contact with lots of people.  I've managed to catch up with many people on Facebook wich is lovely but I intend to meet up with other friends more often as well.  It's easy to get lazy and sidetracked, it's also very easy to stay in and craft!!! 

I hope that 2011 brings you all health and happiness and that you achieve all of your hopes and dreams.



5 comments:

  1. Ooh, the sock monkey is adorable!
    I think making him was a great way to spend the evening :)

    One of my new years resolutions is to learn to drive too - and they say the person who doesnt pass first time makes a far better driver when they do pass :)

    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely first make of the year - and how better to spend New Years eve than doing something you enjoy. Do try driving again - I took 7 attempts to pass my driving test due to nerves getting the better of me at each test, but have to say I am glad I persisted, I now have a 50 mile round commute each day and tend to clock up 20,000 miles a year. If I hadn't learned to drive I would have found it difficult to get work locally. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute little monkey Angie! good luck with the driving, when you pass your test you will have so much freedom, its great! :) Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Angie. Good luck with the driving. Love the sock monkey btw. x

    ReplyDelete

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!