Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Friday 8 April 2011

Fish Pedicure!!!!

I've been wanting to try out the fish pedicure for ages.  A branch of Dr Spa opened in Bristol and yesterday I had a little time to spare, whilst waiting for a friend to meet me, so I went in and tried it out!!

For those of you that don't know about fish pedicures, I'll give you a bit of background information!!  The fish used are very small fish called Garra Rufa and originate from Turkey.  The fish nibble on dry skin - they actually have no teeth so it is really suction rather than nibbling!  As well as taking off dry skin they are said to help in the treatment of psoriasis and eczema, stimulate acupuncture points, improve blood circulation and relax the body reducing fatigue.



(photo taken from Dr SpaFish website)


First of all you have to soak your feet in a bowl of water for 3 minutes and then you are asked to put your feet either side of the tank of fish.  You then slowly lower your feet in and dangle them in the water.  You have to keep your feet still and then the fish will swarm to whatever areas of your foot that they find dry dead skin to suck off.  First of all it felt quite weird and they suck quite hard at times and if you are ticklish I suppose it might tickle but you soon get used to it and it becomes relaxing.   It felt strange when they swam between my toes though!!!  You get 10 minutes with the fish and then when told to, you slowly remove your feet checking that no fish are still attached of course!!!  You are then given paper towels to dry your feet and they spray them with an antibacterial spray.

I'm not sure that it made a huge difference to the condition of my feet but it was relaxing.  I've put cream on my feet so they feel quite soft but not sure if that is just the cream or abit of both!!!

I'd recommend giving it a go as it is certainly 'an experience'!!!!  As for the results, well you will need to see for yourself!!!!  I personally think it would be better if you had longer as 10 minutes is not very long.

I paid £10 for the treatment and it is a total of 15 minutes long including soaking and drying time!

If you want more info and want to know if there is a branch in your area, you can go to the Dr SpaFish website.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it, although I don't like my feet being touched by anything or anyone, so I'll pass this one up!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo no not for me thank you. Glad you enjoyed the experience though. I think I will stick with the pumice and the shea butter lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Angie not sure I fancy it :/ Have a feeling that I might disgrace myself with this procedure by shrieking and jumping around. In fact I just know I will :D

    I think I'll stick with the PedEgg thingy and me Soap & Glory :)

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this in Edinburgh the other day. I have a foot phobia and a fish phobia (Im a bit of a freak) so I think Ill have to give it a miss! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to try one of those the poor fish though they may need more than 10mins at my feet lol might have to give it a go now !! Thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooch noooo not my feet lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got REALLY tickley feet so I think I'll be giving this a miss too. Glad you enjoyed it. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!