Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Thursday 16 June 2011

Centre Stair Step Card

I've not made any cards for a while now but had a few occasions coming up so made a couple of cards.

The first was for my mum's birthday.  I'd seen a lovely centre stair step card style which I wanted to use and there were some great instructions here.

I used some polka dot card and went for a butterfly theme.  I've used 3 different butterflies, one is from my Marianne die and the other 2 were sent to me by Caroline.  Caroline makes some lovely cards and other bits and bobs and you can find her here.

I coloured the butterflies with a promarker and then used glamour dust and stickles and some flat back pearls to decorate them.  I cut out a mat with Nesties and embossed it with Swiss Dots which I then coloured over with the same promarker.  I had some ribbon with purple dots on it so put that along the bottom and added a stamped circle sentiment.

I also put some purple polka dot paper on the inside and a Labels 1 mat on which I printed a sentiment  and used distress ink to colour.

I really like this design of step card and wil be using it again.



6 comments:

  1. WOWEE Angie, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love butterflies and the colours are so lush. Keep them coming hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the colours are so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is one stunning card, I love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That really is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning Angie. I love the style and the colours you've used, just gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just became a follower of your blog after seeing this card, it's gorgeous! Purple and butterflies, 2 of my favourite things lol! Looking forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!