Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Monday 30 March 2015

Curvy Keepsake Owl Treat Boxes with Tutorial

I am back with another creation using Stampin Up's Curvy Keepsake die.  This is the most versatile die I have ever owned as you can make so many different styles of boxes with it!! 

Look at these gorgeously, cute owl boxes I made!!  I'm in love with them!!  There are many different versions on Pinterest and this is what I have come up with.



Would you like to know how to make them?

You will need the Curvy Keepsake Die from Stampin Up but for everything else you can improvise!

So the die itself looks like this - you need to cut 2 pieces out for your basic box.



The other components that you will need


Wings - I used a scalloped edge oval die from Spellbinders
Eyes - I used a small flowery shape for the white part of the eyeball (you can just about see them in the pic).  For the iris, I used a small circle (from my Sizzix Owl die as I didn't have a punch this size!) and for the pupil I used a smaller circle punch (Hobbycraft)
Chest - I used a small x-cut circle die and some patterned designer paper
Beak - I used the beak from my Sizzix Owl die and cut it down to a triangle to make it abit smaller
Feet - these were made from punching out flowers using the Stampin Up Petite Petals punch.

Once you have cut out your 2 Curvy Keepsake diecut,s you need to fold where marked by the die and then take you bone folder and curl each part inwards to give it shape.


You then need to stick the 2 base parts together.  I use Impex Original Hi-Tac All Purpose Very Sticky glue as it is a favourite of mine as it sticks well and is strong.


Now take the circle of designer paper and cut the top of it off so that you have a straight edge.  You can hold the circle against the side of the box which has the loopy handles on to see how much you need to remove.

Decide which side of the box you would like to be the front (loopy handles side is your front) and then stick the patterned paper onto the box with the straight edge right up to the bottom edge of the box. 


Next you stick on the beak


Now we come to the wings - you need to fold over a small bit at the top of each wing.

For the eyes stick the black circle onto the coloured (iris part) circle and with a white gel pen mark on the black circle.  You then stick this onto the white eyeball part of the eye - see pic below. (sorry light was not great when I took pics!)


Take the wings and with your bone folder curl each wing outwards.



Position the wings and put your glue on the bit that you have folded over and underneath this little folded tab.  Stick a wing each side, taking care not to put them too high up as otherwise they will interfere with the opening and closing of the box.  you will need to hold each wing in place for a few minutes until the glue sets.




Now all that is left to do is add the feet.  Position them so that they are equally spaced and then apply glue to 2 of the petals and then stick underneath so that only the 3 unglued petals are showing.


This is the Petite Petals punch from Stampin Up that I used. 



Your owl treat box is now finished and ready for you to oooh and ahhh over!!



Hope this is easy to follow but if you have any questions, just ask and I will try to help!

If you want to find out more about the Stampin Up products used in this tutorial my friend Tracey George would be happy to help you and you can find her here.  If you click on the 'Contact Me' button on her website and let her know what you are interested in, she will let you know if there are any special offers on!

Thanks for popping in!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!